[Blog Post] Mistweaver's Melee Immunity

Mistweaver discussion, gearing guides, and tips.
Since our inception, Mistweavers have been a melee healer. In Legion, that's no different. In raids, this classification allows us to go untargeted by some boss abilities, detailed here: http://cranehealing.blogspot.com/2016/0 ... unity.html
This was such a tough concept for people to get when MoP released. I remember being in HoF and my raid leader freaked because I was in with the melee during the Wind Lord Mel'jarak. He was sure I was going to drop wind bombs on everyone LOL

In Siege of Orgrimmar it was particularly annoying for the ranged on Siegecrafter in my raid because they felt they were unfairly targeted while I could just sit and heal away. It's still a tough concept for people to grasp. Hopefully since we are now almost 2 xpacs since the introduction of monks, people will finally learn that we are indeed melee, even as healers.
I'm not perfectly sure if I like the change. It feels like being some kind of pseudo-melee with no actual certainity about the abilities that will or will not target the mistweaver.
Desma wrote:
I'm not perfectly sure if I like the change. It feels like being some kind of pseudo-melee with no actual certainity about the abilities that will or will not target the mistweaver.

Nothing's changed between Warlords and Legion. The post is just to reassure people new to the class (and the occasional Holy Pally that drifts through).